Sunday, October 19, 2008

Harper library

on a happier note, I've been wanting to write about this. My school's architecture is very goth and quaint. Walking through the school compound I feel like I am in Europe. Plus the autumn colours, it just such a joy to be in school. A second year told me about Harper library and informed that I definitely must go for a visit to the library because it makes one feel like they're on a Harry Potter set. So a few weeks back I went hunting for it. It was amazing! Walking in was like being transformed into another world. This is an excerpt from the website:

"Architecturally, the Harper Memorial has been described as English Gothic of the collegiate type, inspired by the examples of King's College Chapel in Cambridge, and Magdalen College and Christ Church at Oxford. Some of its more interesting features are the two towers that climb to 135 feet and the stone carvings that abound on the exterior and in the Harper Reading Room. This reading room with its 39-foot-high ceiling is considered one of the most beautiful rooms on campus. "

it has become my regular studying spot for now.

No comments: